Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Knock knock..

Sometimes I think I would make a wonderful housewife.

Seriously.

At times when I am off from work, all I can think of is waking up early in the morning, prepare breakfast for Abg and when he is off, will get down to cleaning and what nots. I was still on leave today and had purposely returned home early as I was already imagining how greasy the kitchen floor is, how haphazardly-arranged my plates are and the smudginess of the glasstop of my dining table.

After arriving home yesterday, I got down to gathering my clothes to be washed and then straightening up the kitchen. The cage which had held my now dead kittens needed to be scrubbed with dettol. It is now sitting in a corner, a sad reminder of the short lives of my 4 kids.

This morning I woke up bright and early (how puzzling it is that I will always wait till the very last minute to wake up on a working day yet have no problem jumping out of bed on my day off?) and cooked fried rice for the hubby, folded the mats outside where the womenfolk were doing 'ketupats' pre Raya, brushed the cement floor and then mopped the living area. I actually took the trouble to move my three seater out of the way so I could mop UNDERNEATH it as opposed to just mopping around it.

My FIL actually had some freshly cooked rice and vege soup for lunch today. and as I am typing this, I am trying to decide whether I should be doing the ironing or make over the wet kitchen with the left over linoleum mats.

Yes, I know. I sound nuts.

But crazy as I sound, there is a satisfaction in seeing my house clean and my floors shining and smelling nice. When I go shopping, I am entranced by all the fancy floor cleaners and latest design of mops and high tech mopping cloth. I bought this mop recently and it has cut the amount of time I used to spend cleaning the kitchen area by half!

Lately I have been wondering if all the hassle at work is worth it. I am fast losing my already scanty faith in the human nature. I had mentioned to a friend recently that there must be something wrong with me that I tolerate my cats better than I tolerate human beings!

It used to be a niggling feeling only but it's been more persistant nowadays, this feeling that I am having. How how how laaaa....?

4 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

that second last para tu... YA ALLAH i SO concur!!!

hey you MEMANG boleh jadi a WONDERFUL housewife! kadang i kesian my AbgZul -- kalau kebetulan abgzul & i sama-sama cuti, i takkan bangun selagi dia pun tak bangun, and usually, dia akan bangun dulu 5mins earlier. terukkan aku...

Sue Tiramisu said...

RKM,
Mak ai, cepatnya tinggal comment! Hey hey, I got the kukis!!! and sedap giler lah ok!!!! Better than last year's! Any chance Ahy nak buat in other flavours pulak?????

Roti Kacang Merah said...

ALHAMDULILLAAAAH sedap! kali ni dia concentrate buat kukis aje... sebab itu ada extra TLC sket!

ada a couple of people yang siap buat second order after Raya! hehe

entah aritu Ahy ada buat perisa oren and also white choc and also with nuts... i think i still prefer yang ori jugak!

Sue Tiramisu said...

What about plain cookies with toffee and choc pieces? yum yum!