Thursday, October 30, 2008

Be like cats

Do you know what I love most about cats?

They don't dwell.

Cats don't have the ability to sit and mope and feel sorry for themselves. Have you noticed that? A cat maybe limping with a sprained joint or a broken bone, but do you see it just sitting there? No, a cat will limp away and get on with its life.

Doremon is one of the siblings whom I brought home from a bus stop in PC. When they first entered our lives, they were about three months old. Doremon was the smallest and had diarrhoea. But he held on and is now a big strapping cat.

He injured his left eye a few months back. I'm not sure what happened but one day he came back, his left eye swollen and had some bloody discharge. Now he has a cloudy eye. Have I ever seen him mope and lose his appetite and just sit there lamenting his luck? Nosirree. Doremon just went on and out running all over the place as if nothing had happened.

Meme is one of the many cats I have rescued from the hospital. When I first met Meme, she was ill and her ears were encrusted with skin infection. It took me about 2 weeks before I could bring Meme home, but I think she was destined to be part of my family.

Meme must have injured her right hindleg at some point. When she sits, her right leg goes out because she has lost the ability to bend it at the joint. When other cats sit with their hindlegs close together, Meme sits in an almost 'terkangkang' manner. But does Meme let that fact hinder her from chasing Che'Ruru and Che'lan all over the place? Noooo, of course not. In fact Meme is one of the fastest sprinter of the lot.

Last week we noticed that Butam had refused to put his right front leg on the ground. He must have sprained it while playing around in the cage. He wanted so much to run around with the other bigger cats but for a few days he could only hobble along on his three good legs. When he was in the cage, I saw him climb into the litter tray and then fell face first unto the sand because his front leg couldn't be used to get his balance.

Like any other cat lover, my heart went out to him but I don't think Butam was feeling sorry for himself.

I wish I could be more like cats.

4 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

wot a great point to ponder.

reminds me of the time when Labu fell 6 floors below. i yang teriak macam hapa tengok dia menggelupur. bila bawa dia balik dari vet, Labu still ran around though terdengket-dengket, as if the pain never bothered him.

plus, cats just don't ambil hati even after kita marah them like mad, do they. sweet.

Sue Tiramisu said...

RKM,
I ingat baca posting tu.....! Rasa horror gila masa baca...and how in pain must Labu have felt....

So happy Labu is now okay....

nurinkhairi said...

hi,
just dropping by..
i admire that cat-lover nature in you. reminds me of my cats back home :) after reading you post,i think ive changed my mind: i would wanna adopt a cat or two in the future :P

wallpapersdeco said...

hi have a nice day.. looking for wallpapers for your house? or your friends/relative interested, visit my blog! thanks