Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Firstly, I have to say....

...I love my work.

Though some of the times I just feel like tearing my hair out in exasperation at my staff nurses and their 'baju hijau's and 'baju biru's superiors, in general I enjoy it.

All things aside, I love being in the cool surroundings of the OT, listening to the gentle hum of the GA machine and getting about my work incising and drilling and debriding and suturing.

But lately, there has been an air of unpleasantness at work. I really can't divulge a lot of details as I know people from work read my blog (maybe it is time to go under and hide behind a little more anonymity?) but sometimes the politics just gets to me.

With the increasing work load, people are becoming calculative, each thinking one is doing more work than the next person. Some thinking that they have been treated unfairly by the higher powers and worst, the amount of back talking (I was tempted to say backstabbing but I don't think it has gotten THAT bad...yet) that has been going round.

Yeah, some days I am postcall and still at work at 7 pm. It has been two Tuesdays in a row when I have driven home way past dusk. Heck, at times it feels like I am a houseman all over again! But it isn't everyday when it is like that. There are times when I am just sitting around the clinic writing up my medical reports and waiting for cases to show up.

So, fair lah right?

I find it amusing that people only tend to remember the times when they were busy and then complain about the unfair distribution of MOs and yet have nothing to say when there are only 7 patients in the ward and no new admissions that day that you end up playing spider solitaire on the PC.

and I sometimes wish that some people would have more maturity and say out whatever it is that they are unhappy about in an open manner rather than moan about it left right and centre, but NOT directly to the person they have a problem with. Jangan la emosional sangat. Kerja itu ibadat, kan.

Pish.

Tak suka la kerja macam nie. Tak best tau.

Disclaimer: Post blog ini tidak ditujukan kepada orang tertentu. Ini hanyalah bebelan SECARA AM seorg MO yang hanya ingin melakukan operation sepanjang hari. Must be the nitrous oxide, hehe.

2 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

macam baca monologue meredith grey la pulak, kan... grins.

i read somewhere that doctors in m'sia have higher frequencies of being stressed out and psychologically disturbed from other professions. following your blog, i think i can safely assume why. God, my hats off to you lot...tiap-tiap hari kena berdepan dengan pelbagai kerenah, pelbagai kes, pelbagai masalah.

macam cerita grey's anatomy la tu kot, tak Doc?

Anonymous said...

Without the sex of course and the main man, McDreamy.

Hmm, seems like Gossip Central (A&E) needs some updates on the latest going ons. I think I'm the only colleague reading this blog. Well, I do feel that most of us are lacking in communication especially between the surgical arm and the medical arm. The more the merrier doesn't seem to apply here at HTM. But I guess that comes with the territory. We don't understand the scope of each others' workload and we second guess behind each others' backs.

That makes a VEEEERRRYYY interesting road ahead when the calls get break down into departments. Woohoo!