Monday, February 02, 2009

Tagged

Directions: Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog/Facebook note with 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment or tag them in your note to read this.

I don't usually do tags but cobwebs have been lurking in my blog and strangely I felt obliged to make an entry...so here goes...

1. I've been to India and Nepal. Ever since I was young, I've always had a fascination with India, hence when we were told to go anywhere for our elective period (end of fourth year, going into final year med school) - I chose India. I saved up my scholarship money and off I went with three friends. We were backpacking almost all the way; even went on overnight train journeys just to go sightseeing during the weekends when we had no ward rounds to go to.

2. I can play the piano. Ma forced me to take lessons and I had to practice for an hour a day while my sisters get to watch TV. I think I could have done better in my exams if I had a more inspiring teacher. I watched Jay Chou on YouTube the other day, man, can that guy play!

3. I used to have a pet ducky which I named Christina. I think I was about 7 and my parents brought home a pair of little ducks. We have a picture of us playing with them. I even wrote about them (mine was Christina and sis Yanie also had one, but I can't remember what she called hers) in my essay homework.

4. I used to be able to speak cantonese fluently when I was in kindy. I can still understand some phrases now.

5. I am half chinese.

6. I used to pronounce the name GEORGE as ge-or-ge, much to the amusement of my cousins. Thank god my English have vastly improved.

7. I hate people who spit in public or throw litter out of car windows. One of the few things I got my nieces and nephew (and their friends) to do was stop throwing litter out the window and into the rubbish bin.

8. I wish I have more patience. Word is getting round that I am nasty to staff nurses and ward sisters. Hel-lo, talk to me when your work is perfect, okay.

9. I love computer games. I think it is a great way to improve one's hand and eye co-ordination. Mario and Donkey Kong rocks!

10. I used to have thick, thigh length hair which I would braid. I cut my hair for the first time when I was 15 (Ma thought washing my hair would take time which could be used for studying, hehe) and I cried for a day.

11. I lived in Kuching for two years.

12. Despite staying in the UK for 6 years, I've never been and was not interested in going, to Paris. The only European country I went to was Netherlands, where we visited Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague. Yes, everything they tell you about Amsterdam is TRUE. Hahaha.

13. I would love to return to India and see the Taj Mahal again. There are no words to describe the effect of seeing it for the first time. It is hard to comprehend how something so breathtaking can exist there. India is such a paradoxical country.

14. My Abg and I both snore. Which is why we probably never kept each other up with the noise. Haha.

15. I prefer sleeping in the prone position. Supposedly it's not very good but I rarely fall asleep in the supine position unless I am really really tired.

16. Abg told me to write this one - I always leave my towel lying on the bed or on the computer chair or on the floor but never on the drying rack where it is supposed to be on. But miraculously I would always find it on the towel rack all dry the next time I want to use it. Abg makes fun of it all the time but I always forget. I suppose that's what husbands are for. Hehe.

Aaah, dah abis.....TAMMAT.

5 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

funnily enough, some parts of the world that i dare not visit, would be India. rasa macam tak sampai hati nak tengok sendiri kehidupan melata kat sana.

prone position? supine? explain plse? *blur blur*

in your perfectionist state, boleh juga you tertinggal nak sangkut tuala at the rightful place, ya? hehehe, that's cute!

BadRiza said...

sue, dulu you sangkut je tuala kat rack kan? (masa kat mrsm)..sejak bile
you dapat habit baru ni? hehehe..
apa2pun, rindu nk jumpa you..

Sue Tiramisu said...

RKM-
Prone = meniarap
Supine = terlentang

Hehe.

Perfectionist? Me? Hmm, didn't realise that that's the impression I give out from my blog...but I guess I am, in a way. Tapi perihal towel tu mmg tak leh nak buat apa. Terlupa sokmo....!

BadRiza-
Masa sekrg takde kakak senior muka singa dtg buat spotcheck tiap2 hari tgk tuala sidai ke tak, pen boleh melantun dari cadar ke tak.

Ingat tak Najmin siap pin hujung cadar dia pada belah bawah tilam nak bagi effect melantun tu..hahaha.

hafizahmaha said...

I always wanted to travel, like really go travel instead of booking a hotel room and spend the whole time inside, around or 3 feet outside the hotel. Somehow that never happens.

Back then we had no money, nowadays we have no time. Peh, banyak btol alasan saye. Buat malu kaum aje. Tsk tsk tsk.

Sue Tiramisu said...

Hafizahmaha,
Happiness is doing what you want and when you want it....! That's what I would say....hehe.