Saturday, July 22, 2006

Exercising my rights as a customer

My pet peeve is crap customer services. Do you feel the same way?

There were many instances when I was seriously thinking about shoving my phone up someone's butt when I called up their so called Help Line.

ASTRO is one of those people. Imagine charging the customer money to get your technical shortcomings fixed. Siapa yg ajar nie huh? You get millions a year from subscriptions and collaborations with telcoms, use that money to employ technicians la pandai...!

Today I went to Pizza Hut in KB Mall. Was buying birthday gifts for my two anak sedara. Who would think that buying clothing apparels for two kids can be so exhausting? So, off we went to get some light snacks. Nasib tak baik la the trainee waitress had to get us as customers.

First, on addition to eating in, we also wanted to get a pizza to take away. She actually said that she couldn't take our order because since we're sitting in, orders can only be made for eating in. What..? So you expect me after sitting comfortably, to walk all the way to the take away counter to order? So I told her, jadi even after saya dah duduk sini, saya kena jalan ke kaunter luar sana untuk order take away? Tak boleh ke saya beritau awak then awak pergi beritau kawan awak kat luar sana? Trainee waitress dah start berpeluh2. Then she said she would inform the take away staff to come and get our order.

Next, I wanted to order the Kid's Meal for my nieces. Since we're going home shortly after eating, thought we'd just order one and then order an extra Milo. First trainee waitress said there's no Milo. Fine. I asked her, if you have no Milo, what do you substitute it with? Pause, then 'apa2 air yang akak nak'. After 10 mins of clarifying my order, and actually asking her if she understood what I said, this other waiter passes by and said, Kakak, air milo tak boleh substitute dengan air lain.

Apa lagi, marah lah I....your waitress here just said there's no Milo!

Hello...I understand that you're just a trainee and to make matters worse, they probably asked you to start work today. A saturday. But tell me, how can you not know if you have Milo or not?

After waiting 10 minutes, still no one came to get our take away order. So, off I went to the counter to order my large Island Supreme with chicken sausage stuffed crust.

Imagine my amusement (well, I wouldn't call it amusing, really) when the staff at the counter told me to place my order at the table! Apa lagi, meletup kali kedua la makcik. "Saya sudah bagitahu waitress tadi. Dia kata dia akan hantar org lain ambil order take away saya, tapi tak ada org datang pun. Saya nak ambil la order take away saya semasa saya bayar bill..ok?" Coincidentally the shift manager was there and promptly came to my table to get my order.

and to top it all of.....trainee waitress DID get my order messed up. So, makcik pun meletuplah untuk kali ketiga.

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me instead. Was my grumpiness unjustified? I didn't think so. When I clarified my order with trainee waitress, I tak marah lagi. I was actually very patient with her.

and this isn't the first time I got so pissed off with the waitresses at Pizza Hut. Once, my waitress got my orders wrong and brought me a cheese stuffed crust pizza. So, the next time, I stressed TWICE that I wanted the chicken sausage stuffed crust. DUA KALI I cakap kat dia. Angguk2 waitress tu. But of course, what did I eventually get? Yup, a cheese stuffed crust. So tell me, was my anger unjustified? I don't think so.....

No comments: