Saturday, July 08, 2006

These things that I miss most..

..unlimited movies.
Cinemas in the UK had this deal where you pay a certain amount of money for a period of a month or a year, you get a pass with your pic on it (initially there were no pics involved, imagine the 'salah guna' that went on especially among us 'kayap' students! :)) and voila! Unrestricted movies at any branch of the cinemas. The Biggart House people seriously used this to the max. I'm quite choosy about the films I watch, so this didn't really work for me, but sometimes I got away with free films too! You know la kan, 'You asian people all look alike!' thing. I wonder if this would work here...



..well planned, efficient public transport.
Sometimes I jokingly say to Abang that maybe there's a conspiracy going on. You give crap public transport, so people are forced to buy cars. There are equally crap road systems so people are forced to get stuck in jams, so high oil consumption. I seriously sympathise people in KL. I mean ORDINARY people lah, like you and me. Not some suited, nearly bald, pot bellied politician who says we should change our lifestyles yet go about with 6-motorcycle, 10-car convoys just to get to a hotel 20 minutes away. Maybe I'm being naive, but what is so hard about buying more carriages and rearranging LRT timetables so passengers can get to work with ease?

While I was studying, I got around fine with public transport. Sure, I had to get up extra early to get the first train out to Craigavon or Antrim, but hey, biasa lah tu. If I had rich parents, I'd get a car solely for the convenience of it, but that's it. Buses were on time and comfortable, time tables were frequently updated; I didn't see the need for my own car. and I sure as hell got more exercise those times. So, already 2-in-1 benefits what...?



..old friendships.
Not that I'm regretting married life, but ever since I jumped on the marital bandwagon, contacts with friends have been almost non existant. It's not that I don't think about them; I do but I guess being shut away in this place has contributed to that too. I miss my girlfriends. I mean, you can't talk about how sexy Colin Firth is with your husband, can you?



..Thornton's Chocolates.
or any chocolates for that matter!! *laugh* Thornton's chocolates are just heavenly. I can't recall their exact names but they had perfectly done crisp outer shells and sublime, melt-in-your-mouth fillings. Price wise, they were of course more expensive than your Woolworth's pix-and-mix variety, but I assure you they're worth every pence. Yang best sekali, if they happen to sell their Misshapes variety. The exact, same chocs but sold at a fraction of the price, simple because they were 'misshapen'- geddit? :) Patutla badan aku tak turun-turun even after 7 years of dieting..:)



..the little things that Abang does.
If you're wondering why so rajin writing entries one, it's because Abang is away for the weekend. I kinda like being by myself; I can watch my TV without Abang constantly switching to either Tennis or Football or whatever sport season it is. I don't have to worry about cooking as I can easily make a sandwich or something simple like that. Yet I find myself waking up in the middle of the night, missing the feeling of his warmth next to me; or the sound of his snoring..:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue

You should try next time - Montezumma's choclate... oh they are divine. Or like me, wasted (or is it?) £7 on 9 pieces of chocolate *yes mak datuk* at Fortnum & Mason. There are days that I can pretend that I am part of the high society.. if only eh..ehehe..